_GOTOBOTTOM
Introductions
If you are new to the network please post a little something here to introduce yourself.
Hiya!
MikkoN
Visit this Community
Uusimaa, Finland
entire network: 2 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, February 06, 2008 - 04:00 PM UTC
Mikko from southern Finland here!
Been lurking for a while looking for good tips etc..
Great forum and community you have here!

Well, my main interest is in fantasy/SciFi modeling.
Dust (Paolo Parente), MaK/SF3D and WH40K Armor (made more realistic that is) are pretty much what I stick to. I also sometimes venture to tackle some odd mecha kit, but very seldom these days.
Building anything OOB is pretty much unheard of in my hobby room.
This often leads to dropped projects and angry wife as scrap plastic/resin keeps piling high.

Main reason why I have started lurking here more is my sprouting interest towards early armor. British makes and armored cars in particular.
I know very little of them, but this seems like a good place to learn and has lead me to some more specialized sites too.

Currently working on that new plastic Baneblade superheavy from GW.
OOB...that thing is a toy. I'm working very hard to make it a respectable model. At least 24h work done already...the turret is almost ready to be painted.
Next project is probably something from the world of Dust or some MaK build. 1/35 Emhar kit is also a possibility, but not very likely as I still do not know enough of landships.

Thanks for having me!

Cheers,
Mikko
flipper21
Visit this Community
Delaware, United States
entire network: 268 Posts
KitMaker Network: 120 Posts
Posted: Thursday, February 07, 2008 - 12:46 AM UTC
Hi Mikko, Welcome to the site....Vince
vanize
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
entire network: 1,954 Posts
KitMaker Network: 121 Posts
Posted: Thursday, February 07, 2008 - 12:53 AM UTC
hi back at ya, Mikko!

So, now you have been greeted by Vince (the last poster) and Vance (me).

we just need a Vonce, Vence, and a Vunce to join in now...

-v-
CaptainA
Visit this Community
Indiana, United States
entire network: 3,117 Posts
KitMaker Network: 204 Posts
Posted: Friday, February 08, 2008 - 01:32 AM UTC
Welcome to our wonderful site.

Feel free to ask questions whenever you feel the need. These sites are full of experts that will make a lot of effort to ensure your questions are answered correctly.

I highly reccomend checking out the ongoing campaigns. Participation in the campaigns has really helped my meager skills by forcing me to try things I would not have done otherwise.

Reading the forums will alow you to find many new techniques and procedures that will amaze your friends. Also, the kit reviews will probably help you when choosing kits. I almost always check for reviews before ploping down my hard earned retirement $$$s.

Again, Welcome. And happy modeling.
Removed by original poster on 05/06/09 - 09:37:49 (GMT).
 _GOTOTOP