_GOTOBOTTOM
Introductions
If you are new to the network please post a little something here to introduce yourself.
Good day, eh.
Glue_Huffer
Visit this Community
British Columbia, Canada
entire network: 63 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, December 25, 2007 - 06:03 AM UTC
Good day, eh! And welcome to the Great White North, a.k.a Kanadian Korner.

Just kidding! Anyways, names Kevin and I'm from the sunny shores of Port Moody, a city just outside of Vancouver, BC. I'm just getting back into modeling after a long, LONG absence. The last time I laid my hands on a sprue was when I was a kid, back when you just slathered the whole thing in Testors glue and slapped it together in one afternoon.

I'm mostly interested in armour modeling, and I skew more german than anything, but all armour is good armour, and I wouldn't be adverse to modeling the odd ship, sub, or aircraft if it was a suitably interesting specimen.

I'm sure I'll have losts of questions for you guys as I get back into the meat of this hobby, as a lot of the new stuff is totally foreign to me (photo-etch, where'd that come from?!?). Particularly when it comes to dioramas, as I've never attempted one before, and that'll be part of my first model.

So, hello to all and it's good to be here!
AJLaFleche
Visit this Community
Massachusetts, United States
entire network: 8,074 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,574 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, December 25, 2007 - 12:35 PM UTC
Welcome, you hoser, eh! Merry Christmas, happy boxing day and joyeux noel. Love the Doug and Phil reference. I had to download their 12 days of Christmas last week for a co-worker.
You'll find a great commmunity of builders here. Cruise around the threads, check out the articles and enjoy yourself.
CaptainA
Visit this Community
Indiana, United States
entire network: 3,117 Posts
KitMaker Network: 204 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, January 01, 2008 - 01:07 PM UTC
Welcome. You will find there are a lot of knowledgable, experienced modelerrs on this site that will be able to help you with just about any questions you may have.

Rule 1. Have fun.
Rule 2. Ask for help whenever you need it.
Rule 3. Don't be scared to take your modeling to the next level.

Check out the campaigns when you have a chance. They are a lot of fun when you find one you like.
keroopie67
Visit this Community
British Columbia, Canada
entire network: 54 Posts
KitMaker Network: 43 Posts
Posted: Thursday, February 21, 2008 - 06:45 PM UTC
Hi Kevin,
Nice to meet another Canuck who has gotten back into building armor!
I grew up in New Westminster, but now live in Vancouver. See you at the local shops and hopefully at the local shows!

Cheers,
Eric
Removed by original poster on 05/06/09 - 09:37:35 (GMT).
 _GOTOTOP