TV, Movies, and Games
Talk about TV, Movies, Gaming or anything entertainment related.
Once An Eagle
blaster76
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
entire network: 8,985 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,270 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, April 01, 2003 - 04:47 PM UTC
Any of you old timers remember this jewell. Sam Elliot made this one great as Sam Damon and of course the arrogant Courtey Massingale. Comments...opinions. The book is required reading at the point ( if you've every dealt with some of these guys, I think most missed the point and became Massingales). Oh and if anyone has this on tape...I'ld kill for a copy.
john17
Visit this Community
Wisconsin, United States
entire network: 920 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, April 01, 2003 - 04:58 PM UTC
Blaster:

I didn't realize they made a movie of the book. Actually, I'm right in the middle of reading the book now. I'm on page 714 of approximately 932 pages. Very good book. What year was the movie made? I'd love to see it after I finish the book.

John
mj
Visit this Community
Illinois, United States
entire network: 1,331 Posts
KitMaker Network: 334 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, April 02, 2003 - 02:49 AM UTC
Wow, I didn't know about the movie either. And Sam Elliot - one of my favorite actors. I'd love to learn more about the movie (studio, year of release, etc.) to see if I could find a copy. I just read the book about a year ago, and thought it was great.

Mike

blaster76
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
entire network: 8,985 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,270 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, April 02, 2003 - 07:43 AM UTC
BAd luck guys... it was a made for TV series. Fall of 76 they came out with a show where they took great books and made mini-series out of them. The first was Captains and Kings which was 1. GREAT and 2. Put out on video. The second was Once an Eagle. I had entered Armor Officer school at the time and of course this was MUST-SEE-TV for us. Never seen it since. It is not out on video the only hope is to find somone somewhere who has managed to get it on tape. Oh and I've never seen it replayed on TV either. Think Ted Turner owns it now. I just cast feelers out in different areas hoping it turns up.