TV, Movies, and Games
Talk about TV, Movies, Gaming or anything entertainment related.
Opinons Please on The Cross of Iron movie
Wolf-Leader
Visit this Community
New Hampshire, United States
entire network: 1,225 Posts
KitMaker Network: 463 Posts
Posted: Saturday, March 29, 2003 - 04:12 AM UTC
I thought it was the best movie about to Russian front. The uniforms and armor where I thought pretty accurate. :-) When it comes to the Russia front the Cross of Iron is my top choice!
War_Machine
Visit this Community
Washington, United States
entire network: 702 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Saturday, March 29, 2003 - 09:19 AM UTC
I agree that "Cross of Iron" as a pretty good movie showing life on the Russian front, but perhaps not the best. I thought that the German film "Stalingrad" was better in terms of overall realism. It some ways it's hard to compare because each movie shows a different period in the war. In terms of entertainment, I'd give the edge to Cross since it doesn't have the downer ending which seems so common to European movies. All in all both movies have much to recommend them and are worth seeing.
shootER5
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
entire network: 64 Posts
Posted: Saturday, March 29, 2003 - 04:19 PM UTC
^Agreed.

I like both films a lot.
Hollowpoint
Visit this Community
Kansas, United States
entire network: 2,748 Posts
KitMaker Network: 841 Posts
Posted: Saturday, March 29, 2003 - 04:43 PM UTC
When Sgt. Steiner is at the hospital it gets a bit weird, but otherwise Cross of Iron is a fine movie -- quite a departure for a movie featuring an American star: James Colburn. Maximilian Schell, James Mason and David Warner are other stars in this flick.
Posted: Saturday, March 29, 2003 - 05:20 PM UTC
my favorite WWll movie.

Chris War Pig
StukeSowle
Visit this Community
Washington, United States
entire network: 599 Posts
Posted: Saturday, March 29, 2003 - 05:39 PM UTC
Good flick.
RIMA
Visit this Community
Overijssel, Netherlands
entire network: 285 Posts
Posted: Saturday, March 29, 2003 - 10:16 PM UTC
agree that "Cross of Iron" as a pretty good movie showing life on the Russian front, but perhaps not the best. I thought that the German film "Stalingrad" was better in terms of overall realism.
It iks a petty that ''Stalingrad'' didn't get enough attention from the media I heard that it was a great movie when i finally had the time to go 1 week later it was not anymore to be seen weerd why does Saving Private ryan stay nearly 2 months and this film 1 till 2 weeks max try now to find a video and worst a DVD of this film here in the Nederland ''mission impossible''
blaster76
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
entire network: 8,985 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,270 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, April 01, 2003 - 04:42 PM UTC
classic WW2 flick
generalzod
Visit this Community
United States
entire network: 3,172 Posts
KitMaker Network: 612 Posts
Posted: Friday, April 04, 2003 - 08:53 AM UTC
I love that movie,especially the theme song About 2 years ago I was able to buy the sound track on CD There was a part two to cross of iron called Breakthrough,starring Robert Mitchum,Rod Steigerand Richard Burton as Sgt Steiner I can't remember the name of the man who played Capt Stransky
Anyway the film starts out on the Russian front and then Steiner takes leave in Paris After he's there D-Day starts and his old unit is called to the western front It's not a bad movie(Breakthrough) Not as good as Cross Of Iron Not sure if Breakthrough is available or not
sgirty
Visit this Community
Ohio, United States
entire network: 1,315 Posts
Posted: Saturday, April 12, 2003 - 02:35 PM UTC
'Cross of Iron' and 'Stalingrad'---the best!!!!!

Take care, sgirty